Welcome

Welcome to Barnabas Notes. The title of this site comes from the Biblical character of that name who was a companion of the apostle Paul on his first missionary journey and whose name was actually Joseph. He was called "Barnabas," which means "son of encouragement," because of his ability to bless the lives of others. We hope that this blog will be such a blessing in your life!

A peaceful spring on the Macedonian side of Lake Ochrid in the Balkan Mountains

Sunday, December 6, 2009

He Heard My Cry

Well, we have reached the two year mark. I want to say first of all that I appreciate more than you can ever know the encouragement you have given me over the last two years. Your words have been touching. It means so much to know that so many have been touched by the words found in these notes.

I want to share with you today some thoughts that struck me as I read through Psalm 40 not long ago. I was especially moved by the first verse: I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. How comforting to know that God hears our cry! Did you ever get to the point in your suffering that you just felt like screaming but did not think anyone would hear? Well, Someone does!

Look at verses 2 and 3: He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord. I must say, it is hard to be down and depressed after reading something like that, isn’t it? A lot of us feel like we have been in the pit of destruction, in the miry clay. It is good to have our feet set upon a rock and our footsteps made firm. God does that for us when we cry out to Him because He hears our cry. Hallelujah!! Let me ask you this: do you have a new song in your mouth? Do you make it a point to share with others what the Lord has done for you?

I want to encourage you to wait patiently for the Lord. When you suffer, and I’m sorry to say that you will suffer, know that the Lord will incline His ear to you and hear your cry. He will bring you up out of that pit of destruction and miry clay and set your feet upon that rock. He has a new song for your mouth if you will sing it. Do not give up on God because He has not given up on you. He loves you and so do I. I have tried to include that statement in every note, but I want you to know that I never meant it as just a closing. God really and truly does love you more than you can know (John 3:16). And I really and truly love you more than you can know. Even if I do not know you personally, I can still love you because God loves you. I can love your spirit and your desire to receive encouragement from God. If in some small way the words I have written have brought you some encouragement, please know that it was God Who was the Source of that encouragement and I love being a part of it. Many of you I do know personally and some of the things I wrote were specifically designed for afflictions you were having that I was aware of. I hope they helped. Let me say once again...God loves you and so do I.

No comments: